
Overall I felt that Citizen Kane was one of the better movies I had ever seen. There were many times when I felt that the movie needed to have more action. Meaning that the movie seemed to get slow, but overall I felt the movie was very good.
A specific part of the movie I liked was when Kane is in the opera house and he is viewing Susan’s performance. Once she has completed singing he seems to be initially stunned, then tries to get the crowd into it by standing up and clapping loudly. It is pretty funny to se Kane trying to get everyone into it even though just seconds before he saw for himself how bad she was. This scene really shows his desperation to make Susan a singer and a true opera star.
Overall I thought this was a pretty good movie. It didn’t really seem like that deep of a plot at first, the search for “rosebud”. But as the movie went on I found that the movie was not so much about “rosebud” but more about describing Kane’s life.
4 comments:
I feel the opposite as you. I can see why many critics could consider Citizen Kane a good movie, but i just can't. I couldn't get into the whole plot of Kane and his life. The whole thing seemed anti-climactic to me. Kane's behaviour throughout his life seemed very illogical to me. While it has some real elements, I just can't imagine someone with that much pride that they screw over their entire life of happiness for a false impression of it.
I too feel differently then you. I thought the film was very very boring. Who cares about some guy that got rich and failed to become governor? I don’t. Also, there was no action in the movie at all. Some shooting would have made the movie a lot better. Last, I found it very dumb that rosebud turns out to be his sled as a kid. You would think it would be something more significant.
Ya i wouldnt consider it one of the better movies i have seen. I mean yes there were some parts that were good but other parts were just uninteresting. Although i can see how the plot can get interactive in a way, going along with the reporter and learning the history of Kane's life and trying to figure out for yourself the meaning of "rosebud". I dont know i didnt really see the movie as one of the best thought....but thats just me.
I really didn't think the film was all that great. The lack of any action in the film really brought down the movie as a whole in my opinion. Like Ben stated, I don't really care about a guy that got rich and failed to become governor.
Post a Comment